The Coordination Centre for Legal Aid Provision publicly reports to the Ukrainian people and all partners on the functioning of the system of free legal aid in Ukraine in 2016. With the support of the project Quality and Accessible Legal Aid in Ukraine, 4,000 copies of the report were prepared and published, to be sent to all centres for secondary legal aid provision (SLA) in Ukraine.
The public report provides detailed information on:
- the mission, vision, values of the LA system;
- free legal services, holders of right to LA;
- the institutional structure, points of access to the LA throughout Ukraine;
- the results of the provision of the SLA to suspects and those accused in criminal proceedings, as well as detainees, arrestees and convicts;
- the results of the LA provision in civil and administrative cases, as well as to witnesses and victims in the criminal process;
- informing about the LA and communications;
- initiatives for the development of legal capacity of communities;
- development of human potential, knowledge management in the LA system;
- public finances, transparency and accountability;
- external evaluation of the LA system;
- strategic priorities;
- partnership development;
- chronology of the main events in the LA system in 2016.