With the support of the Ukrainian-Canadian Quality and Accessible Legal Aid in Ukraine Project, a series of 14 information booklets was published, their topics reflecting the real legal needs of clients of the system of free legal aid in Ukraine.
In order to support the building of legal awareness within the system of free legal aid, to strengthen legal capacity of communities, as well as to promote the provision of high-quality legal information and consultations to clients of the system, 14 types of information booklets were issued. The themes of the booklets were determined on the basis of the analysis of requests for free legal aid submitted to the legal aid centers and bureaus, as well as to the single contact point of the system of LA, thus reflecting the real legal needs of the inhabitants of territorial communities. There were 1.2 million copies of information booklets printed in total.
The booklets cover the following topics:
- Free Legal Aid: legal aid guaranteed by the state.
- A family with many children: confirmation of the status and benefits.
- Life care contract.
- Help for low-income families: the procedure for he allocation and payment of state social assistance to low-income families.
- Division of the property of spouses: division of the assets in the joint shared ownership of spouses.
- Acceptance of inheritance: inheritance registration, definition of an additional term for acceptance of inheritance, taxation of inheritance.
- Free-of-charge transfer of land from the lands of state and communal property to citizens.
- Debt under a loan agreement to a bank, which is being liquidated.
- Appointment of temporary state social assistance to an unemployed person who has not acquired the right to receive pension payments.
- Alimony for parents: obligation of an adult daughter or son to provide his or her parents with the means of subsistence and its fulfilment.
- Old-age pension: terms of granting and calculation.
- Countering domestic violence: emergency barring and restraining orders.
- Your rights are your reliable protection: legal guidelines for every child.
- Passport of the rights of a child.
Shortly, the printed copies will be sent, with the support of the Project, to the legal aid centers and bureaus in the regions for their further distribution in the territorial communities during activities ob the building of legal awareness and communication.
Last year, the Project also supported the publication of a large series of 12 types of information booklets on social and legal issues of almost 1.6 million copies.
You can view more information materials issued with the support of the Project for the needs of the LA system in the section “Electronic Library” on our site.